Friday, February 01, 2008

Addictions 3, Chocolate Blocking In

Addictions 3, Chocolate
Work In Progress
Oils
6" x 6"
Ampersand Gessobord

Would you believe no chocolate in the house and there is snow on the ground with slick highways. Maybe this afternoon the roads will clear and I can make a chocolate run to the store. So this painting is roughly based on a reference photo from the Wet Canvas Reference Image Library, taken by William Gunther. I have taken the liberty of changing the color scheme of the background and the wrapper shown in the photo. I have shaped aluminum foil into the shape of "kisses" so I can see how overhead lighting affects the values on the foil. So far my palette is Transparent Red Iron Oxide, Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, Ultramarine Blue, Cerulean Blue, Virdian, Indian Yellow and Titanium White.

No comments: