Monday, January 14, 2008

Yo Yo Update & Sketch

I worked on this quickly this morning. I struggled with the brush strokes in small areas but enjoyed this anyway.














Worked on this a bit Saturday and did a quick charcoal sketch of some silk flowers before the stomach flu bug got me. I can still see some of the canvas peeking through in areas and that will all be covered. Hope to work on this more today. The second canvas has been toned and should be dry enough to work on now.


Worked on this a bit Saturday and did a quick charcoal sketch of some silk flowers before the stomach flu bug got me. I can still see some of the canvas peeking through in areas and that will all be covered. Hope to work on this more today. The second canvas has been toned and should be dry enough to work on now.

2 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Ann, I hope the bug is going away!! And you're going to want to smack me but - I really liked that canvas when it was ragged around the edges. I don't know but it made a very interesting aspect of the painting to me. Oh, well, I'm weird, I know. I like the finished piece, too, but miss that ragged edge.

Ann Buckner said...

That is the great thing about us isn't it, the unique views we each bring to a painting, whether viewing or painting it. Those edges you liked were painted on the blue painter's tape so of course they disappeared when the tape was removed. :)

Thanks for looking!