Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Football Block In



Oklahoma University vs. Washington
10" x 10" stretched canvas
Oils

Blocking 1n the background using greens and orangy-red as underpainting. I don't do a lot of underpainting with contrasting or complementary colors so this time I am experimenting. I used an orangy red where there will be the grass or turf in the foreground. In the background I used a green because of the fan's red shirts. Where there are white shirts I used a pale orangy tint because of the bluish white overpainting of the shirts. It will be interesting to see how this proceeds.


Still blocking in colors using ultramarine blue, caput mortuum, cadmium red, cadminum red light, payne's gray, titanium white, in the shirts. The grass has ultramarine blue, pthalo blue, terra verte, indian yellow, naples yellow.

No comments: