Thursday, January 24, 2008

Addictions WIP 1

Addictions WIP 1
Oils
6" x 6"
Ampersand Gessobord
Continuing on with artwork painted from still life setups, I have started blocking in shapes and values with Raw Umber, Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White, on the Transparent Red Iron Oxide toned panel. The premise for this painting is that we all have addictions that we would like to overcome. I have ideas for a few more paintings along this line and will begin blocking those in as soon as I locate the items.

2 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Now you're talking! Ann, you are delving into personal paintings now, and the emotion will show through as you work them to completion. Looking forward to this one - and, of course, you must put in one of chocolates, too! ha-ha

Ann Buckner said...

Of course chocolate is going to be one lol. I was thinking of you when I thought of chocolate, knowing how much you like it. I have a list started of all the things to which I'm addicted or other people are addicted. How does one paint air which is not only an addiction but a necessity? I do hope you enjoy the series Rhonda, and thanks for the enouragement.