Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Addictions, Drugs

An update on this painting. I lengthened the syringe changed the perspective a bit on the bottles. Today I am buying a small level as I think the tray on my easel slants a bit and I can't tell if it is level. Hence, wonky perspective or slanted lines. My excuse for the day, lol.

A friend of mine told me she found this painting quite disturbing. I think in some part, all of us will. To me it brings imaginings of living a crippling, wasted lives bounded by the next fix. On the other hand, I think of my diabetic sister and how life saving drugs can be. Whatever ones thoughts are on this painting, to me it is at the least, thought provoking.

2 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

This painting makes a strong statement - keep going on those addictions. We will all be made uneasy at times when you hit on our addiction of choice!! Great work!!

Ann Buckner said...

I'm lightening up a bit by painting chocolate. I know chocolate is one of your favorite things so hope you enjoy this one too.

My goal is to keep these Addictions paintings very simple/minimal, with the hope of evoking responses from the viewers about the subject matter and the painting.