Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Robert's Godiva WIP


I am really have a fun time painting this for my brother-in-law. Everything is being formed or drawn in with paint instead of pencil. But at least the basics are in with areas on the horses head (ears and mane) needing to be corrected as well as lighten the value of the horse. It has been a challenge to shape the thigh and calf of the woman's left leg half way correct. Then the shape of the horses legs need to be adjusted as well as the tail added in. There won't be a lot more done on this since is sort of a joke for my brother-in-law in that he gets the back view of my interpretation of Lady Godiva.

2 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

It's going to be a great "gag" gift for him, Ann - and a cool painting! Waiting to see this one come together :)

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks for looking Rhonda. I messed it up so will have to rework. :( I think it is harder working on a small 4"x 5" than a larger canvas. Of course, any excuse will do lol.