Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday's Plein Air - West Pasture Acrylic

5 1/2" x 9" on 300# cold press watercolor paper. Today I had Ultramarine blue which helped with the sky color and in mixing greens. Painting outside has so much to offer as it is teaching me about greens. The light changes so quickly the goal becomes to mix and lay in the strokes. Before painting, I try to paint in my mind where the dark values are and how the lights lay across the land and on the trees. As you can see, I have a lot to learn. If tomorrow is another nice day, then I'm going to try oils to see if they work more the way I want.

2 comments:

Lisa Lorenz said...

Hey Ann, great to see your blog. This is beautiful. I ahve added you to my links so I will be checking your blog out. Best wishes to you and happy painting.

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Lisa, thank you for checking out my Blog. I enjoyed painting outside and hope to do more although with Fall/Winter coming on it more than likely that will be from looking out my windows.

I am a big fan of your marvelous work as you know, and check out your prints frequently to see if you have added more.