Monday, September 24, 2007

Eye Practice


More eye practice. This time I used the brush to draw the shapes rather than a pencil. Using a palette of Naples Yellow, Rose Madder, Indanthrone Blue, Cobalt Turquoise, Cobalt Blue, and a touch of Sepia. The width of the space between the eyes is too wide but my goal with this practice was again the study of color, forming the eye, keeping the colors fairly clean (not muddy). The lids are not as defined as they need to be nor are the brows and wrinkles. I am fairly pleased though with the eye color and shape of the eyes. The iris need more adjustments to look more realistic. Overall I am pleased with this effort even though it only looks a little like me.

2 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

I like this and think you've made great strides in skin tone, color, and modeling the shapes! Good job!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Rhonda! I appreciate the encouragement.