Monday, August 20, 2007

Yellow Series Landscape 2

08-25-07 Update. Here are the two paintings side by side. The camera used is a Sony for the 2nd painting. I think there are still a couple of areas that need work but it is getting closer to finished.




I am struggling with this painting. It is hard to explain but sometimes the magic is there from the beginning. The feeling of being in tune with the brush and canvas.




This photo shows what has been added and changed. Have to wait until daylight to review before continuing.





08-20-07 Another lay in of color massing in shapes and color on a 24" x 12" gessoed panel. I added Cobalt Turquoise to the palette of Quinacradone Gold, Dioxazine Purple, Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, gesso, along with yellow ochre. Right now the water looks like it is going uphill but the main purpose for posting is to look at the undertones of the painting and evaluate changes that need to made so that it will look more cohesive and interesting. The paints used are Stephen Quiller, Golden and Liquitex, all professional artist quality.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Ann! I'm so glad I decided to come and check you blog, this pair of landscapes are totally W·O·W! My favourite of course is the first one because the water and sunset are breathtaking but the second one is a great continuation of the scene, such a beautiful loooooong "widescreenish" view

Teresa :)

About The Artist said...

Thank you so much for your comments, Teresa. :) I just posted an updated version of the 2nd painting. Hope you get a chance to view it.

Anonymous said...

wooooops! I just wrote a comment and somehow it dissapeared after I hit the button without being published O_o, so if it comes up later just don't be mad at me lol, I just wanted to make sure to rave about the new improoved magnificent version of this second landscape, really really loving it, the way the soft yellow comes from between the mountains to shine all over the place, the warm yellow reflections on the mountain peakes are to die for, really, the more I look at it the more I can feel the tenderness you've put into it while painting. I don't know what's been going through your mind to decide onto making these series of landscapes filled with yellos and ochres but whatever it's been keep it flowing! it's refreshing, hope the series don't stop with this one.

Teresa

About The Artist said...

Thanks for visiting and your comments, Teresa. I appreciate it.