Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Getting Ready

If you look close, you can see the deer near the tree line. This photo was taken in June, 2007.

For the last couple of days I have been trying to take decent photos of a few paintings that I want to enter in two art shows. So far haven't had much luck but it is cloudy today and that may help with the lighting outside. It has been a busy time trying to get ready for the show plus myriad ofther things that crops into one's day.

It is also a time of introspection. I lost one of my long time pets a couple of days ago and it is like missing a piece of myself. Strangely, he had rather "don't mess with me" eyes as only a cat can have but he had the sweetest nature especially when getting what he wanted, petting or food.

2 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Ann, I looked out my sunroom windows yesterday evening around 8:30 and saw a mother deer and 2 young ones in the neighbor's yard. It is sooo dry and they are hungry and coming up to the houses now when they never did before.

Good luck on the show!!!

About Ann said...

That is sad that the deer are so hungry. We get them traveling through the pastures in the early morning or late evening hours. A beautiful sight.

Thanks for the good luck. I will be excited if even one painting is juried in. :)