A watercolor artist friend, Rhonda Carpenter, tagged me and now I have to tag seven other people as well as tell seven things about myself. I'm guessing the purpose of "tagging" is to share a few of one's favorite blogs.
1. I am a twin but not an identical twin. My twin shows her indian heritage while I am fair.
2. Worked in Prudhoe Bay on the North Slope, Alaska, for Sohio Construction Company (SCC). SCC was owned by Standard Oil of Ohio which was owned by British Petroleum (BP).
3. Began painting in my mid-30's for about three years, then stopped for more than 20 years, until a few years ago.
4. I am a grandmother of four.
5. My favorite vacation spot is Hawaii. The tradewinds are like silk caressing the skin.
6. I was a receptionist for former Alaska Governor Walter J. Hickel.
7. I believe in God, Family. staunch Friends, and Country, all of which gives me a firm foundation.
Now for seven (7) Blogs that I am going to tag because I their art resonates with me:
1. Celeste Vaught, http://celestevaughtart.blogspot.com/. Celeste, does beautiful acrylic paintings and has great design/composition skill.
2. Anita Davies, http://artbyanita.blogspot.com/. Anita is an English artist that has a terrific eye which is reflected beginning with the sketch to the finished work.
3. Peter Yesis, http://dailypaintingpractice.blogspot.com/. I enjoy his still life and plein aire work so much.
4. Jon Bernard Koch, http://www.jonbernardkoch.blogspot.com, is another artist whose work I admire.
5. Sandra Wilson, http://www.wilsonon2tehan.blogspot.com/, is a watercolor artist that paints lovely light.
6. Dean H., http://deanos-den.blogspot.com/, is one of my favorite of the Daily Painters, for his use of color and his animal paintings.
7. Rebecca Finch, http://emptyeasel.com/2007/03/05/rebecca-finch-paintings-of-simple-beauty/, has such beauty in her work.
These are just a few of the artists that I enjoy. I hope you visit their Blogs and see the talent I see.