Monday, October 16, 2006

WDE Main Street



10-15-06 This 10" x 6 1/2" watercolor was painted for the Weekly Drawing Event (WDE) within the two hour time limit. The reference photo was taken by Deb Leger for the WDE. It is not mandatory that a painting be completed within the two hours, just that the painting or drawing be photographed and posted at the end of two hours.

I painted this without sketching or using masking fluid to keep the white of the paper. The perspective is totally off, the white fence is a mess, not to mention the shrubbery. But, I had such fun of meeting my personal challenges. A few of my goals were to 1) keep some whites in the Center of Interest area, 2) not overwork the paint and, 3) to see how well I could do with the perspective without a sketch. Comments always appreciated.