Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Pewter Still Life Grisaille (Grays)


I began a grid drawing of the copyright free reference photo (from Wet Canvas Reference Image Library) which took me a couple of days. Then Sunday I began painting the grays (grisaille) to establish the values of each of the objects. This acrylic underpainting is now ready for color.

The color portion of this painting will be done with oils. Hopefully I will be able to achieve the rich blues of the glass ware, the pewter grays of the pot and plate and, the yellows and oranges of the apple and orange. The main thrust of this painting is the contrast between the light filtering through the glass and peaking the tips of the pot, plate and fruit, and the darks of the shadowy areas.

1 comment:

buyoriginalpaintings said...

Thank you for that information. My name is Caluzzo from buyoriginalpaintings and I'll be back regularly.